Thursday, March 19, 2015

PVC danger



Hello, readers.  I am not sure if I can recommend this book, however I have to talk about it here!

Dancing Cats, Silent Canaries by David Davis, MD, is on my reading list.


He says that PVC is "one of the biggest mistakes of the 20th century" and so I think it is important for you all to know about a plastic that is very commonly, you might even say universally, used for transporting water. 

The Romans were known for insanity induced by lead poisoning from their aqueducts.  Dr. Davis holds that arsenic, antimony and lead are released from PVC when water goes through it.  For this reason I think most well water is possibly not safe (well casings are usually PVC).

You may be interested in the following video (10:49) that introduces Dr. Davis and the subjects of his book:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LfipChRciY


My guts churn when I think about the glue that holds PVC plumbing together.  Maybe it is not as toxic as my instinct tells me.  But, regardless of the adhesive, the PVC itself is obviously not safe.  Cribs, car seats, mattresses and other household products are also unsafe because they are made from PVC! 

Remember: mattresses are also unsafe because of the springs that act as antennae and conduct EMF pollution.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: