Friday, November 28, 2014

Today I am a fat sheep



Hello, readers.


I have not done enough to inform you all, or to help the poor and the sick in Corvallis.  I have used more marijuana than was reasonable.  I have not enough weight on my belly.  My pants are noticably loose around me, so a "fat sheep" might not be the first description to come to mind.  But if I am honest with myself, in the name of comfort I have often used another bowl of buds on the good old vaporizer, I have chosen more often to serve my own interest than to save others.  And though I have wasted away somewhat, I am unmistakably one of the fat sheep.

Chapter 34 of Ezekiel is just the part of the Bible that hit me tonight.  If you haven't read that chapter, please do.  How could I have forgotten to include the verse about "a plant of great renown" - Ezekiel 34:29 - in my most recent article about marijuana and Christianity?

Ezekiel 34:29
 
"And I will raise up for them a plant of renown, and they shall be no more consumed with hunger in the land, neither bear the shame of the heathen any more."


I feel there is no proof here in this Ezekiel passage that really points to marijuana.  It could be possible that certain translations are more correct in saying "a splendid vegetation" instead of a "plant of renown."  The passage might just be talking about Back to Eden gardening and the production of splendid vegetable produce.  After all, verse 27 says, "they shall know that I am the Lord, when I break the bars of their yoke, and save them from the hands of those who enslaved them."  Back to Eden is truly a way of breaking the yoke of tilling.


Also take notice of verse 18, that hit me right in the heart, knowing that I now haul spring water in "the gas capsule":

"Seemeth it a small thing unto you to have eaten up the good pasture, but ye must tread down with your feet the residue of your pastures? and to have drunk of the deep waters, but ye must foul the residue with your feet?"

Surely this verse predicted fracking long before its time.  Agenda 21 is actually a very great danger as long as most Americans remain unaware that they can grow their own biodiesel, that they can grow their own Back to Eden garden, that they can heat with 1/4th to 1/10th the fuel of a wood stove and let off 1/1000th of the smoke with a rocket mass heater, that the adoption of farming practices similar to Joel Salatin's approach can very easily sequester excess carbon. 


With all of my inflated ideas and my intentions to save my fellow man from tyranny it has become obvious that God knows the difference between someone who literally works all day and someone like me who has tried hard but fallen short, or else how could Chapter 34 of Ezekiel have been written?

I have failed; I have not met God's expectations.  Though I fear it is too late, I can only hope that I have a little more time to warn fellow citizens, before things get really bad in the United States.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: